- 1.2018 Gasline Replacement Projects & Public Meetings
Columbia Gas has several main pipeline replacement projects scheduled for our community in 2018, with three such projects scheduled to begin in January. These projects will consist of the replacement of existing steel pipelines with new plastic lines. For many households on the affected streets, it will involve running new service lines up to homes and the relocation of interior gas meters to the outside.
Details of the projects are as follows:
- Ashland Avenue and Westwood Avenue
- Late spring start, substantial completion by early July
- Projects affects sections of Westwood, Ashland, Tremont and King Ave
- Charing Road and Margate Road
- Summer start expected
- PUBLIC MEETING: scheduled for 6 pm, Wednesday, July 11 at the Friends Theater of the Tremont Library
- Project affects sections of Charing, Abington, Doncaster, Exmoor, S. Dorchester, Margate and Upper Canterbury Lane
- Guilford Road and Beaumont Road
- Spring-summer. Substantial completion by late June
- Project affects sections of Harford, Guilford, Grenoble, Barrington, Waltham and North Star roads, and Northwest Boulevard
- Welsford Road and Northam Road
- Began mid-May
- Project affects sections of Andover, Welsford, Brandon and Northam roads, and Northwest Blvd
- Coventry Road and Andover Road
- March-early June. Project complete
- Project affects sections of Coventry and Andover
- Tewksbury Road:
- January-early June. Project complete
- Project affects sections of Tewksbury, Yorkshire and Tremont roads
At each stage in the process Columbia Gas representatives will contact affected residents in advance – to locate any sprinkler systems or invisible fences before work begins, to determine the best location for the new meter, and in advance of making the service transfer. Please watch for a letter detailing the project and inviting you to the community meeting. Once the project begins, be on the lookout for door hanger notices and other communications with updates that directly affect your home.
Please see the project notice links below for additional details.