skip to Main Content

Mayor's Court (10)

The Magistrate will not consider affidavits or other written statements in place of the appearance of a witness at trial. If you want the Magistrate to consider the evidence of a witness, he or she must be present at trial.

Category: Mayor's Court

You may have an attorney represent you at trial if you wish, but you do not have to have one present.

If you think the prosecutor has certain information in its possession that you will need to use at trial, you must make a discovery request for that information at least seven days prior to trial. Your discovery request must be presented to the Clerk of Court.

Category: Mayor's Court

You have 10 days to file an appeal. This is done through the Clerk of Court’s office. Your case will then be heard in the Franklin County Municipal Court.

Category: Mayor's Court

If you want a witness to come to court and they refuse to come voluntarily, you must request the Clerk of Court to issue a subpoena requiring that person to come to court to testify. This request should be made at least 10 days prior to trial.

Category: Mayor's Court

Your subpoena should have contact information and the case number. You are required to appear pursuant to the subpoena.

For all City of Upper Arlington public record requests for Police or Mayor’s Court records, please visit Records Request – Police & Mayor’s Court on City Council – City Clerk web page. For Franklin County record requests you may visit or

The prosecutor will be able to discuss your case with you in court. If you need to contact the prosecutor, call 614-583-5020. Have your case number available.

If you cannot appear on your trial day, you must file a motion for continuance prior to trial.

Category: Mayor's Court

If your ticket was originally a payable violation, you may still pay the ticket in lieu of going to trial. Contact the Clerk of Court’s office for your fine amount.

Category: Mayor's Court

Load More

Back To Top