Per CO 907.06: “Unless specifically authorized by the city manager, no person shall intentionally damage, cut, carve, transplant or remove any public tree or shrub; attach any rope, wire, nails, advertising posters or other contrivance to any tree or shrub, allow any gaseous liquid, or solid substance which is harmful to such trees or shrubs to come in contact with them; or set fire or permit fire to burn when such fire or the heat thereof will injure any portion of any public tree or shrub.” The Park & Forestry crew routinely removes such items during regular maintenance, mowing, and trash removal. Items removed also include abandoned chairs, athletic equipment, water bottles, bikes, and other items left in city parks. If the items removed have obvious value, they are retained are the Public Service Center for 30 days and can be retrieved during normal business hours.
Permits are required for:
- Commercial fire suppression systems
- Commercial fire protection systems
- Carwash/Hydrant usage
- Fireworks exhibits
- Open burn
- Service stations
- Tents (any tent or membrane structure over 400 square feet, unless the tent is open on all sides, in which case up to 700 square feet is allowed without a permit)
- Underground Storage Tank Removal
- Private fire main permit (contractors building new complexes that require installing a fire hydrant)
Call the Fire Prevention Office, at 614-583-5100, with any questions.